Re: [Exim] Administrivia....

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Administrivia....
On Mon, 8 May 2000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Also autoreplies of any sort should be sensible - ie reply to envelope
> sender, rate limit, ignore non-personal mail, ignore list mail, loop
> detect etc. Examples of incorrect autoreply comments get you off the
> list *very* fast.

Sorry for continuing an off-topic and admin thread which really should be
taken to list-managers@???, but I can say that for any of the
lists that I manage an inappropriate autoresponder not only gets the
subscribed address off the list, but every other address at the same site
off the list with an explanation to those peoeple and their postmaster.

They can resubscribe if they wish, but have been informed that broken
autoresponders are a bad thing and may lead to a site being excluded for
permitting/encouraging bad autoresponders.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814