[Exim] Distributed filters

Author: Pete Ashdown
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Distributed filters
The "ILOVEYOU" brings up an interesting idea. We only managed to stick
this in our filters when we came into the office this morning at 9:00 AM,
but after that point, several thousand had already passed through us. It
would have been nice if someone in the UK could have stuck the necessary
lines in our filters in advance.

Spam and email virii beg for an authenticated, secure, trusted authority
for which filters can be submitted and distributed. I realize the
potential for bad filters, but I think issues of trust and capability have
all been discussed and solved with other distributed package systems.
There is no reason something like this wouldn't work for Exim, and be one
more reason why this is the best MTA out there.