Re: [Exim] smtp_accept_max_per_connection?

Author: Jason
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] smtp_accept_max_per_connection?
The Idea i like ala Qmail fame, is to add an incrementing delay, so
that the first message is at in seconds say:

0.001
0.002
0.004
0.016
0.032
0.064
0.128
0.256
0.512
1.024

This definetly has a benefit in that if someone is sending a spam to
many of your local users, that youc an literally kill their sending
very quickly. because it would freeze their email servers repeatedly.

Jason

On 1 May 2000, at 20:50, Pete Naylor wrote:

> I've stumbled across a fairly strange requirement to limit the number
> of messages per SMTP connection, and can't see a way to accomplish
> that with the currently available options. This relates to a repeat
> abuser of mail services where we're having difficulty stopping them
> from coming back with a new account after each time we catch them
> (there's an auto-signup process which I'm not in a position to fix and
> those people who could are quite slow). There is
> smtp_accept_queue_per_connection, which is very useful, but I think
> what I need is smtp_accept_max_per_connection. Is anybody strongly
> against this idea? Philip, would you consider the attached patch for
> the next release?
>
> --
> Pete Naylor

---