RE: [Exim] Exim on Solaris 8

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Exim on Solaris 8
On 25-Apr-00 at 08:23:45 Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, John Horne wrote:
>> I suspect that at Solaris 8 there is a change to the way the local host
>> is looked up. In /etc/nsswitch.conf we have 'hosts: files dns' and the
>> /etc/hosts file contains the simple entry (amongst others)
>> '141.163.17.224 bb loghost'. This is all exactly the same as on the
>> Solaris 7 system.
>
> It may be a difference in the name of the local host. What does
>
> exim -bP primary_host_name qualify_sender
>
> give? If your host name is set to "bb" then the effect you observe is
> expected. Nothing to do with /etc/hosts or the DNS; Exim gets the host
> name from uname().

Well, exim couldn't find 'primary_host_name' or 'qualify_sender' :-)

However, 'primary_hostname' gave:
  primary_hostname = bb.csd.plymouth.ac.uk         (Solaris 8)
  primary_hostname = eros.csd.plymouth.ac.uk       (Solaris 7)

Grepping for 'qualify' gave:
  qualify_domain = plymouth.ac.uk                  (Solaris 8)
  qualify_recipient = bb.csd.plymouth.ac.uk
  qualify_domain = plymouth.ac.uk                  (Solaris 7)
  qualify_recipient = eros.csd.plymouth.ac.uk

> I noticed when I installed Solaris 8 that when the installation process
> prompted me for the host name, it says "Only letters, digits and hyphens
> are allowed" or words to that effect. This encourages you to set a
> single-component host name. In fact, it doesn't object to full stops, so
> you can set a fully qualified host name, which is usually the better
> thing to do.

True it does, and as far as I remember I answered with just the hostname at
the question. However, later in the install process it asks for the 'name
resolution' process - NIS, DNS, other (and another one I cannot remember). I
answered DNS. It then prompts for the domain name - 'csd.plymouth.ac.uk' in
our case. To that extent, and as far as I remember, this is exactly the same
as under Solaris 7.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???
Finger for PGP key: john@???