RE: [Exim] Exim on Solaris 8

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Horne
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Exim on Solaris 8
On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, John Horne wrote:

> Well, exim couldn't find 'primary_host_name' or 'qualify_sender' :-)

My brain really *is* fading. (Too much happening this week.)

> However, 'primary_hostname' gave:
>   primary_hostname = bb.csd.plymouth.ac.uk         (Solaris 8)
>   primary_hostname = eros.csd.plymouth.ac.uk       (Solaris 7)

> Grepping for 'qualify' gave:
>   qualify_domain = plymouth.ac.uk                  (Solaris 8)
>   qualify_recipient = bb.csd.plymouth.ac.uk
>   qualify_domain = plymouth.ac.uk                  (Solaris 7)
>   qualify_recipient = eros.csd.plymouth.ac.uk

Then I would expect messages generated without From: lines to get

From: root@???

rather than root@bb. However, if something else is generating the From:
line, then that is its business, of course!

> True it does, and as far as I remember I answered with just the hostname at
> the question. However, later in the install process it asks for the 'name
> resolution' process - NIS, DNS, other (and another one I cannot remember). I
> answered DNS. It then prompts for the domain name - 'csd.plymouth.ac.uk' in
> our case. To that extent, and as far as I remember, this is exactly the same
> as under Solaris 7.

I went from 2.5.1 to 8 :-) But I did as you did, and it screwed me up.
I went back and reset the host name to the FQDN.

Suggestion: can you generate one of the troublesome messages by hand? If
you can do this and run Exim in -d9 mode, it will list the original
headers it received, before it did any rewriting or adding headers, etc.

If this isn't easy, maybe you can run it in queue_only mode and look at
the -H file, which will be less useful, but might still help.