RE: [Exim] Exim on Solaris 8

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Horne
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Exim on Solaris 8
On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, John Horne wrote:

> I suspect that at Solaris 8 there is a change to the way the local host is
> looked up. In /etc/nsswitch.conf we have 'hosts: files dns' and the
> /etc/hosts file contains the simple entry (amongst others) '141.163.17.224
> bb loghost'. This is all exactly the same as on the Solaris 7 system.

It may be a difference in the name of the local host. What does

exim -bP primary_host_name qualify_sender

give? If your host name is set to "bb" then the effect you observe is
expected. Nothing to do with /etc/hosts or the DNS; Exim gets the host
name from uname().

I noticed when I installed Solaris 8 that when the installation process
prompted me for the host name, it says "Only letters, digits and hyphens
are allowed" or words to that effect. This encourages you to set a
single-component host name. In fact, it doesn't object to full stops, so
you can set a fully qualified host name, which is usually the better
thing to do.