Re: [Exim] About aliases in one file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] About aliases in one file
Quoth Erik Johansson on Sat, Apr 15, 2000:
> Vadik wrote at Sun, 9 Apr 2000:
> > No, it's not terribly inefficient. Maybe with lsearch, yes, but
> > not with other lookup types (e.g., dbm). Lsearch is terribly
> > inefficient anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
>
> That was what I meant to improve the performance of lsearch it would be
> better to beable to do two lookups at once.

That's the problem. To the rest of Exim code, lsearch and dbm
seem alike. It's a magic box to which you give a key and receive
a value back. So no, it's not possible to do it without writing
another lookup.

> Or to use a regexp,

Not with lsearch or other lookups. You can use regexped
plaintext files in some places in exim configuration.

The clear logical solution would be to use dbm or cdb. If you
still insist on lsearch, it would be nice to use two files
instead of one, just because each file is shorter. But anyway,
my advise to you is to use dbm instead. Much, much faster.

Vadik.

--
The BOFH should not use the LART because it is needed, or because he is
annoyed. The BOFH should try to ensure that he will enjoy the outcome.