Re: [Exim] About aliases in one file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] About aliases in one file
Quoth Erik Johansson on Sat, Apr 08, 2000:
> I would like to have a alias file, wher you can have both just names and
> names@domains
>
> I think this can be done with the FAQ/C030,

[two lookups]
> but isn't this terribly
> inefficiant? Wouldn't it be better if you could have a way to search for
> both types in the same director?

No, it's not terribly inefficient. Maybe with lsearch, yes, but
not with other lookup types (e.g., dbm). Lsearch is terribly
inefficient anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

The problem is that if you want to look up an entry in a database
(be it lsearch, dbm, or whatnot) in such way, you need to do two
lookups anyway -- one for "user@domain" and one for "user". This
configuration just says so explicitly.

Vadik.

--
Strange Fruit.  A brilliant way to describe
somebody hanging from a tree...