Re: [Exim] Prohibition message

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave Cinege
A: Paul Walsh
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Prohibition message
Paul Walsh wrote:

> Which part were you referring to - the rejection of mail from hosts without
> a reverse entry

This. I've had a very 'valid' site for over 2 years running on cable, now in 2
different locations. I can't get rev-DNS control, no hell, no way, no how.
(Unless you want to donate $1K a month to me so I get get another DS1.)

I host several free software projects, mainly LRP (http://www.linuxrouter.org/)
and move >=30K peices of email a day. Nothing gives me a hard on like
indiscriminate mailservers bouncing anything from my box under their useless
spam controls.

Not only is my situation becoming more and more common, errors in rev-DNS are
already quite common and a bad means to bounce with. OTOH spammers that pump
mail directly need only config their box to the host name of their account, and
they will rev-res fine.

In short, bouncing for lack of rev-DNS is dumb.

> Oh, and which RFC is being violated?

My bad. I confused this with what I read here:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.10/doc/html/spec_42.html#SEC752