Re: [Exim] TZ logging buglet

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Knoble
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] TZ logging buglet
På 2000-Feb-21 klokka 09:25:40 +0000 skrivet Philip Hazel:

: I don't want to just ignore time-zone information, as that would make
: all Exim times GMT, which is not nice.

Why not? As long as the log were to say `GMT' or `UTC' or something
equivalent, i think it would be preferable. Everything ought to log in
at least UTC, or preferably something like TAI
(http://cr.yp.to/libtai.html). Then there's not as much of a question
about when something happened (was that daylight savings time, or not?
which timezone is that machine set to?), and comparing logs from
machines in disparate timezones is easy.

My terribly ignorant and inexperienced, but vocal, opinion.

--
jim knoble
jmknoble@???