Re: [Exim] TZ logging buglet

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jeffrey Goldberg
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] TZ logging buglet
On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> When exim is called locally, it picks up the TZ from the environment of
> the user. It uses that TZ when putting the date stamp in the log file.
> The date stamp in the log file, however, doesn't list timezone off-set.

This item is already on my bug list. The problem is that it not easy to
fix. I have been sent several idea which might work on different OS, and
at some point I mean to try them.

You would think that there is some standard system call that says "reset
the time zone to the default on this host", but so far I have not found
such a thing.

I don't want to just ignore time-zone information, as that would make
all Exim times GMT, which is not nice.