[Exim] TZ logging buglet

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] TZ logging buglet
When exim is called locally, it picks up the TZ from the environment of
the user. It uses that TZ when putting the date stamp in the log file.
The date stamp in the log file, however, doesn't list timezone off-set.

Thus, if you have users calling exim locally and they may be setting TZ in
their environment you can get some very peculiar looking look files (lines
broken and snips for privacy)

2000-02-19 04:07:49 12M1BE-0006ln-00 Completed
2000-02-18 20:08:17 12M1Bp-0006ly-00 <= J.Goldberg@??? U=cc047
   P=local S=410 T="test with Mail with odd TZ" from
   <cc047@???> for j.goldberg
2000-02-19 04:08:17 12M1Bp-0006ko-00 <= totaltel@???
      H=(scotty.emap.com) [194.75.252.12] P=esmtp S=8049
      [...]

As you see the log lines appear out of sequence. The middle one was
generated with something like

[cc047]$ setenv TZ PST8PDT
[cc047]$ Mail j.goldberg

while the everything else is running in GB-Eire
(yes, I have a bit of insomnia).

This is with 3.13, but I noticed the problem initially on my home system
running 3.03 (and got very scared because I thought that there was
something very very wrong with my system clock until I identified the
problem).

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814