Re: [Exim] TZ logging buglet

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Vadim Vygonets
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] TZ logging buglet
On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Well. On OSes using David Olson's tzcode/tzdata package (which
> I'm familiar with) such as all modern BSDs and probably Solaris,
> SunOS, OSF1/Ultrix/Digital Unix/Compaq Tru64, and Ultrix, there
> is a function tzsetwall(3) which does exactly what you need --

Aha! I wasn't aware of tzsetwall(). Thank you. It does look to be
exactly what is needed to fix the original problem.

> In my opinion, the best thing to do is to provide an option
> whether to use UTC or local time, as there are people who prefer
> their logs in UTC for various reasons

That is what I will do. It's a small enough thing, and then everybody
will be happy!

> Because of time ambiguity, it would be nice to provide the option
> to include timezone name in the logs. Some people would like it
> (I would probably enable it).

Surprisingly, it would be a lot or work, because log-scanning programs
like eximstats and eximon assume a fixed length for the timestamp.

Also, I don't think timezone names are very well standardized.