Re: [Exim] Rewriting sender headers written by Netscape

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Bernhard Erdmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Rewriting sender headers written by Netscape
On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Bernhard Erdmann wrote:

> I took a look at Exim's FAQ (Q0022), went to the Exim specification (p.
> 248 f., 50.7 Database maintenance), went to /var/spool/exim/db and moved
> the content of this directory to /tmp. Now this log line
> > 2000-01-31 21:19:25 12FNID-0000FD-00 Failed to open wait-remote_smtp
> > database: Invalid argument
> has gone...

That is what I would have expected. (You can always throw away the db
files.) But I didn't suggest it because I thought you might be testing a
new Exim on a running system with an old version still active.

> Maybe the old (2.12) database format wasn't compatible to the new
> format...

Exim hasn't changed. But if the version of -ldb on your system has
changed in the meantime, that might explain it.

Otherwise, I think we are stuck for an explanation.