[Exim] Pop before SMTP

Author: kh.wild
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] Pop before relay with new lookup
Subject: [Exim] Pop before SMTP
Hello all.

I've now running a exim with pop before smtp with mysql.

My problem was
1. the qpopper and
2. my understanding of relay messages and
3. the sql statement
4. the configuration of exim

1. The qpopper is patched and I've send the code to Sarel Lugtenburg
from www.netd.co.za/Download. He told me that the snipp will be added in one
of the following patches from him against the qpopper

2. Relaying is a sender how try to send a message over my smtp to an other
not local domain :-)

3. The sql-statement
MYSQL_RELAY = SELECT rel_ip FROM RELAY where
rel_ip='${quote:$sender_host_address}' and DATE_ADD( rel_ts, INTERVAL "10"
MINUTE ) > NOW()

4. Is
host_accept_relay = localhost
sender_address_relay = mysql;MYSQL_RELAY

As a nice feature I've add also the prohibition_message to

prohibition_message = "${lookup{$prohibition_reason}lsearch\
{/etc/exim/messages.relay}{$value}}"

and the messages.relay includes the following lines:

sender+host_accept_relay: Pop before SMTP to send messages from this to
other
                                               server

Kind regards and thanks for you help
Karl-Heinz