[Exim] vacation help...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Bruce Bowler
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] vacation help...
I like to consider myself a reasonably intelligent person but I guess I'm
not...

I'm trying to accomplish the following, without luck (yes I've attempted to
read the manual and I've looked at the faq and the sample configs).

I'm running 3.03 on a production system. I don't have a test system.

Users want vacation messages. They're all even dumber than I am and can
barely deal with FTPing a file to their home directories so whatever
solution I come up with can't be more complicated than that. The current
system is the old standby 'vacation' program which of course requires that
they run vacation -I (only one), ftp down their message and change their
.forward file. They also, for the most part, don't understand "save as
text" from word. You can imagine the fun they have with that :-)

I realize that I have some educating to do of both me and my users, but
since system manglement is only a part time job for me, I'm hoping that
some kind soul out there can send me what I need in order that the _only_
thing my users need do is download their plain-text vacation message...

Thanks!

Bruce Bowler                             207.633.9600 (voice)
Research Associate                       207.633.9641 (fax)
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences    bbowler@???
West Boothbay Harbor ME  04575           http://www.bigelow.org/