[Exim] Piping in EXIM...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mark The Administrator
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Piping in EXIM...
Help! ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

I've been trying to get this to work for the last three days now & its
driving me nuts.

Okay this is what i'm trying to do. I have built a 'pipe' transport in
Exim that calls a perl script as a command. In the perl script there is
come code that manipulates the mail file directly and then opens a
socket to one of two availabe remote machines running a Visual Basic
Socket Server.

Running the script directly from an xterm is cool. It opens the socket &
writes the data to either server, keeping a record of the transaction in
an event log on the client machine.

However, calling the script from Exim seems to shut down all IO. The
logs are not logged and the socket fails to TX to the Server. After
reading the docs on Exim i found that Exim opens it's own socket to the
script! Am i reading this correctly? If so is it possible to stop Exim
'sucking' all the IO from the script back to itself via this pipe.

Cheers Mark