Re: [Exim] Newbie: Return-Path

Author: Ian Southam
To: Tyrone Watt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Newbie: Return-Path
On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 04:52:24PM +0200 Tyrone Watt wrote :

> wouldn't that return mail to just one user, I need to set the return-path
> dynamically from a script depending on which user sent the mail.

It doesn't seem to matter. For mailing lists and scripts we set the
return-path and the errors-to manually. Exim does not seem to mess with them
it is just that some systems do not seem to honour them - AOL in particular.
Despite my best attempts to date, any AOL address that bounces back to any of
the lists we host, will get returned not to <list>-owner but to the user that
the list manager runs under.

--
Ian