Re: [Exim] argh - more frustration

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Peter Galbavy
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] argh - more frustration
On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Peter Galbavy wrote:

> Is there *any* way to fail an address if and only if the director is run due
> to matching a condition that is not "senders" ?

What you want to do is to fail a local part that is a valid list name if
the sender is not subscribed. Is that right? Then why not do precisely
that by putting this before your list director:

check_closed_lists:
driver = smartuser
condition = ${if and {{local-part-is-a-list}{sender-is-bad}}{yes}{no}}
new_address = :fail: Sorry, you aren't allowed to post to this list

? (This needs Exim 3.10 or higher.)

I assume you have some means of writing the two tests since you need
them already.

> My understanding is that the
> director is only run if require_files, condition etc. *and* senders is true.

Correct.

> What I would like is a run-but-fail-condition-is-false check - anything like
> this I have missed ?

A way to achieve this is to have a following director with all the same
conditions *except* the conditions you are interested in, and make it a
"smartuser/fail" director like the one I have above.