Re: [Exim] argh - more frustration

Author: Gyan Mathur
To: Peter Galbavy
CC: exim-users, gyan
Subject: Re: [Exim] argh - more frustration

> In the list files bit, I use the "senders" condition to check if the send is
> in either the list alias file or one or more "all-post" files - for closed
> lists this is. If the sender check fails, the mail drops through and then
> gets matched against the wildcard in the alias file and no error to the
> sender.

So you're using something like this director (extracted from my own
configuration):

leden_lijsten_met:
  driver = forwardfile
  file_transport = address_file
  pipe_transport = address_pipe
  reply_transport = address_reply
  require_files = "/var/exim/leden-lijsten/${local_part}: \
                   /var/exim/leden-lijsten/${local_part}.afzenders"
  senders = "/var/exim/leden-lijsten/${local_part}: \
             /var/exim/leden-lijsten/${local_part}.afzenders"
  file = /var/exim/leden-lijsten/${local_part}
  no_check_local_user
  forbid_pipe
  forbid_file
  one_time
  skip_syntax_errors
  syntax_errors_to = listmaster@???
  errors_to = ${local_part}-request@???

and then the one with the wild-card search, eg:

algemeen_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /var/exim/aliases/algemeen
search_type = lsearch*
user = exim
group = exim

I haven't _tried_ this, but would something like

algemeen_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
# check that no list file exists
require_files = "! /var/exim/leden-lijsten/${local_part}"
file = /var/exim/aliases/algemeen
search_type = lsearch
user = exim
group = exim

do the trick -- ie make sure that the address doesn't correspond to an
existing list?

Just a thought

Gyan.