[Exim] argh - more frustration

Author: Peter Galbavy
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] argh - more frustration
I have been trying to RTFM, so excuse the level of frustration that may show
through, from trying 12 different ways of doing this.

The situation:

I have an alias file and a number of mail lists in addition to normal user
deliveries. The alias file can contain a wildcard entry to forward unknown
addresses to somewhere useful. To avoid problems with precedence and the
like, I do this:

1. aliasfile with "lsearch"
2. list files
3. aliasfile with "lsearch*" to catch the missing stuff.

In the list files bit, I use the "senders" condition to check if the send is
in either the list alias file or one or more "all-post" files - for closed
lists this is. If the sender check fails, the mail drops through and then
gets matched against the wildcard in the alias file and no error to the
sender.

Is there *any* way to fail an address if and only if the director is run due
to matching a condition that is not "senders" ? My understanding is that the
director is only run if require_files, condition etc. *and* senders is true.
What I would like is a run-but-fail-condition-is-false check - anything like
this I have missed ?

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd.
http://www.knowledge.com/
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Galbavy;Peter
FN:Peter Galbavy
ORG:Knowledge Matters Ltd.
TITLE:Director
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+44 (0) 20 7419 4163
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+44 (0) 7710 348988
TEL;WORK;FAX:+44 (0) 20 7419 4166
ADR;WORK:;;24-25 Scala Street;London;;W1P 1LU;United Kingdom
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:24-25 Scala Street=0D=0ALondon W1P 1LU=0D=0AUnited Kingdom
URL:http://www.knowledge.com/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:peter.galbavy@???
REV:20000127T122849Z
END:VCARD