[Exim] qualifying and rewriting

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] qualifying and rewriting
I wish to do username rewriting for unqualified addresses, but not
for ones that are qualified with @Cranfield.ac.uk

Also, I do rewritting on username@???

I have a table which maps things like

cc047 -> J.Goldberg

and also imagine that user xyz is not in that table

I want

(1)  cc047@???  -> J.Goldberg@???
     xyx@???  ->  xyz@???

but also

(2)   cc047@???  to remain unchnaged.
      xyx@???    to also remain unchanged.

I have this working just fine.

But what I wish to add is that

(3)   cc047  -> J.Goldberg@???
      xyz    -> xyz@???

while keeping (1) and (2) working.

The only thing I can think of is to set qualify_domain to be something
like

qualify_domain = rewrite.this.Cranfield.ac.uk

and then have rewrite rules like

 *@rewrite.this.cranfield.ac.uk             \
        ${lookup{${lc:$1}}dbm{TABLES/users}\
        {$value}fail}@??? fFs

 *@rewrite.this.cranfield.ac.uk             \
        $1@??? fFtcbrTs

While I suspect that this should work, every instinct I have tells me
not to put nonsense in the qualify_domain to trigger rewriting.

Are there better ways?

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814