Re: [Exim] Can my .filter send delivery errors to me instead…

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can my .filter send delivery errors to me instead of sender?
Quoth Philip Hazel on Tue, Jan 25, 2000:
> A system filter can use the errors_to keyword to set a return address
> (i.e. the "envelope to") field.

Envelope FROM.

> There seems no reason why this should
> not be allowed for ordinary users, provided that it is set to the same
> address as would be used when an ordinary message is sent - in other
> words to yourself.

OTOH, it is nice to have the return address in delivered messages
for debugging. It also makes sence to filter messages on return
addresses (e.g., if it came from <list-bounce@???>, it goes
to the ~/Mail/list folder).

immediate-error-to feature request, probably? Something like,
"don't change the return path, but if you encounter an error,
bounce the message there"?

Vadik.

--
Taunt not the sysadmin, for he can become you and make your life
interesting.