Re: [Exim] Can my .filter send delivery errors to me instead…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: patl
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can my .filter send delivery errors to me instead of sender?
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 patl@??? wrote:

> In my ~/.filter file I split my incoming mail into separate IMAP
> mailboxes for each mailing list. I know that I can use 'noerror
> deliver ...' to prevent delivery error messages from being sent
> to the original sender; but that prevents any error message from
> being returned at all. Is there any way I can get it to send the
> message to me (or some other specified address) instead?

At present, there is no way to do this in a user filter.

A system filter can use the errors_to keyword to set a return address
(i.e. the "envelope to") field. There seems no reason why this should
not be allowed for ordinary users, provided that it is set to the same
address as would be used when an ordinary message is sent - in other
words to yourself. (Trusted users could be allowed any address.) I have
made a note of this idea.