[Exim] Text of X-RBL-Warning Header?

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Text of X-RBL-Warning Header?
Hi,

quite a few of you might have noticed the current debate about ORBS in
news.admin.net-abuse.email. In a nutshell: above.net, a _very_
anti-spam ISP, has blocked ORBS open-relay scans after they refused to
stop scanning. As a response, ORBS chose to add static listings for
all of above.net's netblocks. IIRC, this affects two entire /16
netblocks which is IMO totally unacceptable.

Static ORBS listings return 127.0.0.4 upon query. I have my exim
configured to add X-RBL-Warning:-Headers. A quick grep of my recent
logs shows only one instance of

in the reject log. Is this the format of the actual header being
inserted into the message? If yes, would it be possible to add the IP
the RBL query returned as well?

IMO, it would be desireable to have an option of selectively blocking
E-Mail depending on the query result. That way, one could still block
hosts that are dynamically blocked by ORBS (with a return value of
127.0.0.2) while accepting (and/or tagging) e-mail from static
listings (which return 127.0.0.4).

Is it possible to have that added to a future version?

Disclaimer: After the recent debate, I would recommend disabling ORBS
checking entirely. However, there are some sites that _want_ to use
ORBS. Having a possibility of selectively blocking ORBS dynamically
listed hosts while not blocking ORBS statically listed hosts would be
a point in an argument with the admin of a ORBS using site, thus
probably reducing the harm that ORBS does to the e-mail system.

Greetings
Marc