Re: [Exim] Exim appears to be IO Bound

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: John P Connor
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim appears to be IO Bound
On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 02:22:23PM -0000,
John P Connor <john.connor@???> is thought to have said:

> The queue on this box is now building up faster than it can be cleared, but
> the POP3 server it delivers to (only one at present) is doing OK. Is there
> anything I can do to make Exim use the disc less, as Yann suggests in an
> earlier posting? Or do I need an extra box at this point?

You might also consider (in addition to the other suggestions already
made) to put your spool on it's own set of mirrored disks, like say a pair
of 4g seagate cheetahs (the 10k RPM disks, although I'd think the 7200 RPM
barracudas would be fine as well for the volume of mail you're currently
doing).

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality