Re: [Exim] Header rewriting - From: fields comment and phras…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Ray Gardener
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Header rewriting - From: fields comment and phrase elements
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Ray Gardener wrote:

> Is it possible to rewrite the comment and phrase elements of headers
> fields using Exim?

Check out the 'w' rewriting flag (section 32.7 of the 3.12 manual), but
it doesn't actually allow you to do what I think you want to.

> An example of a current header is
>
> from: r.a.gardener@??? (Ray Gardener)
>
> which we want rewriting to either
>
> From: <r.a.gardener@???> "Ray Gardener"

That is not syntactically valid.

> or
>
> From: <Ray Gardener> r.a.gardener@???

Neither is that.

I suggest you read RFC 822 carefully, because there are MTAs out there
(Exim is one) which can be configured to check the syntax of headers,
and reject non-conforming messages. You will cause a lot of grief to
your users if you rewrite to a syntactically invalid form.