[Exim] Quota: exim vs. sendmail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Frank Elsner
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Quota: exim vs. sendmail
After best experiences with exim on the central mailhubs we want to replace
sendmail by exim on the machines holding the user mailboxes.

During testing, we found that sendmail and exim behave different for user
mailboxes above quota (set on os level):

- sendmail immediatly generates an error message, saying "quota exceeded"
- exim     defers local delivery

Is there a way to tell exim to behave like sendmail ?

BTW, an appropriate retry rule may do it, but I haven't tried so far.

Frank Elsner  /                           c/o  Technische Universitaet Berlin |
 ____________/                                 ZRZ, Sekr. E-N 50              |

|                                              Einsteinufer 17                |

|Voice: +49 30 314 23897                       D-10587 Berlin                 |
|SMTP : Elsner@???                Germany       _________________|