Re: [Exim] Performance bottleneck scanning large spools.

Author: Steve Haslam
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Performance bottleneck scanning large spools.
On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 07:09:38PM +0200, Chris Knipe wrote:
> Another way which I actually thought about that might also be good to take
> load of mail servers...
>

> IN MX 10 mail.somedomain.com
>
> mail   A  x.x.x.x
>        A  x.x.x.x
>        A  x.x.x.x

> etc etc etc ? This is allowed in DNS, that I am sure about, but will it be
> accepted as far as MX records go?

Surely you can just have several priority 10 MXs to the same effect?

Except, I guess, outgoing mail if sent through "mail"... hmm... but
you might not want the same clusters for incoming and outgoing mail...

SRH
--
Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK     steve.haslam@???
                               i sit and stare at the gun pointed at my head