[Exim] Re: Slow localhost response

Author: John Horne
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [Exim] Re: Slow localhost response
On 07-Jan-00 at 14:57:49 Adrian Bool wrote:
> Guess it's not much consolation, but I reinstalled my rh6.1 box last
> night. Also put a new exim 3.12 on and don't suffer from your problem ;-)
>
> However, try,
>
> strace /opt/exim/bin/exim -d5 -bd
>
> Then telnet in and see what system command it is hanging on - may help
> somewhat...

Quack, quack, oops! Remember the old 'if you change the configure file then
HUP the exim process...'? :-) I forgot...sorry about that.

Thanks to Adrian strace showed it was hanging on the RBL lookup. I had
changed the configure to not lookup localhost but obviously hadn't restarted
it. I used truss on the Sun's and they showed the same. All works fine now.

Many thanks,

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???
Finger for PGP key: john@???