[Exim] Re: [OT] Strange stuff

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: [OT] Strange stuff
On Fri, 7 Jan 2000 14:58:53 +0200, you wrote:
>Quoth Philip Hazel on Thu, Jan 06, 2000:
>> What rubbish. My brain is clearly in a mess. Please ignore. I can't read
>> the output from nslookup. That's probably because I never use it,
>> preferring "host" myself.
>
>I prefer dig(1). It tells you what happens under the hood.

For everyday business, I prefer host. When I _need_ to see what's
under the hood, I use dig (and usually hate it).

Btw, a shell account I was using years ago had a host version that
used to output all entries associated with a host name (up to
[wildcard] MXes, TXT records and that stuff) without requiring special
parameters to do so. Any ideas how I make a recent host version behave
like that?

Greetings
Marc