Re: [Exim] URGENT query

Author: Steve Haslam
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] URGENT query
On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 10:03:25AM +0200, Salvatore Greco wrote:
> This is the version of Exim that I'm using and it takes forever for the
> greeting banner to come up and exim to accept the mail message for delivery,
> and as such, the error on the sending MX is :

Try exim -bh <foreign ip address>, (e.g. "exim -bh 194.216.238.11")
and see what the messages say. They'll say what type of checks they're
doing so you can see if it's (as someone else suggested) reverse DNS
or identd lookups (or both!) holding it up.

I reckon it's identd if having the reverse DNS cached doesn't help
(which appears to me to be the case).

SRH
--
Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK     steve.haslam@???
                               i sit and stare at the gun pointed at my head