RE: [Exim] Stopping loops

Author: Paul Walsh
To: Philip Hazel, Paul Walsh
CC: Exim Users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Stopping loops
> > which promptly forwards it again....
>
> Sigh. When will they ever learn? <fx: cue '60s song...>

    :-)

> > I thought, perhaps, the message was immediately getting frozen each time
> > auto-thaw kicked in, so this is what I have in the filter at the moment:
>
> Correct diagnosis. You do need to test first_delivery for this kind of
> thing.

    Ye gods! I got something right!

> > Any suggestions?
>
> Alternative: in your filter, catch the messages going back to Outlook,
> if that is possible, and get Exim do to something else with them?

    Worth considering....next year though.  The freeze 'n thaw approach
will have to do for now as I'm done for this year.  Thanks to all who
contributed on this topic and Season's Greetings to you all.

    Off now to do some serious damage to a botlle of The Macallan   :-)

Paul Walsh

Senior Systems Programmer, Information Services,
University of Central England, BIRMINGHAM B42 2SU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)121 331 5708    Fax: +44 (0)121 356 2875