[Exim] local_delivery without home directory

Author: Frank Elsner
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] local_delivery without home directory
I've the entry

                  local_delivery:
                    driver = appendfile
                    file = /var/mail/${local_part}
                    group = mail
                    mode = 0660

in the "directors section" of my configuration.
Exim refused to deliver due to "failed to chdir to /home/user0815".

Why this and how to overcome the problem and force delivery ?

Frank Elsner  /                           c/o  Technische Universitaet Berlin |
 ____________/                                 ZRZ, Sekr. E-N 50              |

|                                              Einsteinufer 17                |

|Voice: +49 30 314 23897                       D-10587 Berlin                 |
|SMTP : Elsner@???                Germany       _________________|