Re: [Exim] Suggestions for a better error message?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: michael
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Suggestions for a better error message?
On 11 Nov 1999 michael@??? wrote:

> I had a few confused customers by now that were puzzled by the
> following error message:
>
> no valid sender in message headers: return path is <>
>
> This means: There was no valid sender in message headers,
> but the problem is NOT the return path!

Yes. Others have been confused by it. What I wanted to do was to record
the return path in case it could help in debugging.

> Any suggestions for better wording that makes clear what the
> problem with the message is?

Maybe I should just use parens instead of that colon:

no valid sender in message headers (return path is <>)

or even

no valid sender in message headers (envelope return path is <>)

or

no valid sender in message headers (FYI: envelope return path is <>)

or maybe

envelope return path is <> but there is no valid sender in the message's headers