[Exim] Re: Alpha for next release

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Alpha for next release
On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > The time has come to start pulling together the next Exim release, which
> > will be 3.10. I have placed a first cut at the code in
>
> ... but shortly afterwards I have evidence of a bug that loses
> characters in long messages in 3.040. I have therefore withdrawn 3.091
> (and 3.040) while I check this up and sort out the problem.
>
> Sorry about this timing. I'll get it back again as soon as I can.

The bug turned out to be a typo that got introduced at version 3.033
(i.e. only in testing releases) which occasionally dropped a character.
In my test case, 3 characters in a 1.6M message got lost.

I have now put back a new, fixed testing release as

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/Testing/exim-3.092.tar.gz

and the previously failing test case is installed in my test suite that
gets run on all new versions.

Anybody who is using any of the previous test releases 3.033 or higher
should upgrade to 3.092. If you don't want to do this, mail me for a
trivial patch.

Enjoy.

Government Policy: If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.