Re: [Exim] LDAP bind credentials

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Makepeace
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] LDAP bind credentials
From: Pete Naylor <pete@???>
> Using Exim 3.03 and the Netscape LDAP SDK, is it possible to bind to the
> directory with simple authentication rather than anonymously when
> performing an ldapm lookup? If so, please provide an example LDAP URL
> and/or relevant configuration entries so that I might understand. Thanks,

As far as I know, this and various other in-many-cases-essential
configuration options aren't available through exim or the LDAP URL which is
documented at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1959.txt , notably:

4. Security Considerations

The LDAP URL format does not provide a way to specify credentials to
use when resolving the URL. Therefore, it is expected that such
requests will be unauthenticated. The security implications of
resolving an LDAP URL are the same as those of resolving any LDAP
query. See the RFC 1777 for more details.

Paul