Re: [Exim] RAM in mail server

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Kevin
Cc: exim-users, Richard G. Duvall
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RAM in mail server

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Kevin wrote:

> At 03:06 AM 8/20/1999 , Richard G. Duvall wrote:
> >So, the question of the day from me is: Has anybody on this mailing list
> >used the hierarcheal scheme of delivering mail, and had to recompile
> >qpopper? How about IMAPD that comes with the pine package?
> >
> >The reason I ask is that I do not see an option in any of the .h files in
> >qpopper3.0 that allow me to change the location of the maildrop to
> >/var/mail/u/us/username, etc...
> >
> >Can anybody help me out on this?
>

> Snip from qpopper's release notes.
>
>          Added several mail spool access methods.  If your site is large
>      and you wish to improve mail spool file access you might want to use
>      these.  They require modification to the local mail delivery program.
>      One method hashes the username into one of 26 possible directories,
>      the other method creates a hierarchy off the name such as /m/ma/mark.

> So, the program supports it. It's just a matter of modifying the "local
> mail delivery progam", whatever that means. I've never tackled this type
> of setup before either. Anyone else have more info on this? URL maybe?

The "local mail delivery program" would be exim.. Someone suggested
splitting the mail up like this, and indicated that exim could do it,
and that pop/imap/etc daemons would need to be modified as well. All
the documentation for qpopper is saying is that if you modify qpopper
to read mail files like that, you also have to modify your MTA (which
on this list is probably exim) to deliver mail to them there.. Eg: Your
MTA and all your MUA (or MUA-like such as POP and IMAP daemons)
programs need to use the same config for where the mail files are.