Re: [Exim] log clutter

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: vtmue
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] log clutter
On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Randy Bush wrote:
>
> > sorry to be a newbie pain. but how do i omit the queue run kipple from the
> > log and eximon? i mean
> >
> >     21:13:04 Start queue run: pid=13933

> Hi Randy,
>
> You seem to be very good at picking out things nobody else has yet
> commented on. At present there isn't any way (short of patching the
> code) to remove those lines. I think they got overlooked when I invented
> log_level, as they get written at level 0. I suspect they really ought
> to be at a higher level. Level 4 strikes me as perhaps right.
>
> Any other opinions? If not, I'll make the change.

Hello...

Hm, I really disagree since personally I think those lines are

a) too short to be irritating
b) not frequently enough to be annoying (at least with -q30m or more)
c) are very helpful for getting an impression of mail activity over
time when browsing logs in a hurry - which I really appreciate.

Generally, a log is or should be an activity log. A queue run, even if
there is no mail to process should become logged.

And sorry, but omitting those lines would be 'windows-stylish'.

Only my $0.02
Volker
--
V. T. Mueller     UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

'hello I..' "shut up and reboot" 'hey it wor...' "shut up and hang up"