Re: [Exim] message_size_limit

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Exim-Mailingliste
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] message_size_limit
On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Exim-Mailingliste wrote:

> somemailhost ---> h-exim --(mail !exim.uni-frankfurt.de)--> h-pp
>                         \
>                           -(mail exim.uni-frankfurt.de)--> local_delivery

> Now i am trying to impose a message_size_limit on mail I forward to a
> second Mail-Host, but no limit on local users. Users that are not local
> (exim.uni-frankfurt.de) should not be able to get mail bigger than e.g. 10
> MB. So I tried to do this by inserting
> message_size_limit = 1000000 in remote_smtp (this is the transport to
> h-pp).

Is that transport used *only* for transport to h-pp, or is it used for
other transporting as well (e.g. from local users to the world)? The
limit will apply to all uses. If you want just to limit mail to h-pp,
you should arrange for it to have its own private smtp transport.

> What Exim does now is this:
> It doesn't allow Mails from any-localuser@h-exim being send if they are to
> big, this shouldn't be a problem.

... presumably because they are using the remote_smtp transport.

> It does allow Mails from h-pp which exede the size limit to be relayed
> over h-exim (PP uses smtp only, so that is understandable).

Do they go out through the remote_smtp transport? If so, that should not
happen. Can you send me more details?

> It does allow Mail from several hosts !uni-frankfurt.de to users on
> h-pp and the other machines (this isn't nice, but as they are using
> smtp(this is based on esmtp, right?) it is understandable too.

That shouldn't happen either, if the mail is going through remote_smtp.
It isn't based on esmtp. It just looks at the size of the message.