Re: [Exim] Preserving header information

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Frank Elsner
Cc: Russ Paton, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Preserving header information
On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Frank Elsner wrote:

> > I run a small server, which forwards mail from a domain to another, using
> > a standard rewrite: -
> >
> > *@somedomain.com $1@???
> >
> > However, when email is sent to user@??? it has it's To: field
> > rewritten (obviously the expected behaviour).
> >
> > But, I need/would like to be able to forward the mail without losing the
> > original To: field, can this be done? If so, how?
>
> You shound consult the list of flags for rewriting. You will find the "T",
> which should solve your problem.

... but rewriting shouldn't really be used as a means of routing mail.
You can solve your problem by abandoning rewriting and using a
domainlist router:

route_manually:
driver = domainlist
route_list = somedomain.com otherdomain.com

If you have lots of these, you can put the routing information in a
file. Check TFM.

There is one difference between this and doing a rewrite. If you rewrite
(with only the T flag), the receiving host will see

RCPT TO:<user@???>

whereas if you route using a domainlist router, it will see

RCPT TO:<user@???>