[Exim] message_size_limit

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Exim-Mailingliste
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] message_size_limit
Hello,

I have got a problem with message_size_limit.

The Situation:

Here there is one Host (h-exim) running Exim 2.11 an one Host (h-pp)
running
PP. H-Exim has got the lowest numberd MX-Rec. so it gets all Mail
directed to *.uni-frankfurt.de. This mail it then seperates
in mail to exim.uni-frankfurt.de (the local deliveries)
and into the other uni-frankfurt.de-mail wich it sends on to h-pp.

somemailhost ---> h-exim --(mail !exim.uni-frankfurt.de)--> h-pp
                        \
                          -(mail exim.uni-frankfurt.de)--> local_delivery

Now i am trying to impose a message_size_limit on mail I forward to a
second Mail-Host, but no limit on local users. Users that are not local
(exim.uni-frankfurt.de) should not be able to get mail bigger than e.g. 10
MB. So I tried to do this by inserting
message_size_limit = 1000000 in remote_smtp (this is the transport to
h-pp).
What Exim does now is this:
It doesn't allow Mails from any-localuser@h-exim being send if they are to
big, this shouldn't be a problem.
It does allow Mails from h-pp which exede the size limit to be relayed
over h-exim (PP uses smtp only, so that is understandable).
It does allow Mail from several hosts !uni-frankfurt.de to users on
h-pp and the other machines (this isn't nice, but as they are using
smtp(this is based on esmtp, right?) it is understandable too.
But it also allows mail from esmtp hosts wich are bigger.

Have I forgotten something?
Are there any options which I must set that Exim looks after the
Size?
Which Information have I forgot that you need to answer my Questions?

Tnx,
Cu,
Sven

Sven Callender