Re: [Exim] mail server for large sites

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: me
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] mail server for large sites
Thanks for that, but I am actually with the same
ISP, and always have been. As for the system
design, well if you look over the list you will
see that the questions have not always been
related to a large system, they have in fact been
related to exim doing various things such as
filtering, alias file problem etc.

I do not do contract work, in fact I tell a lie I
did once, but not with exim but Cold Fusion, so i
guess i wouldn't post here for that.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the very concept of
mailing lists etc was to 1. notify about problems,
and 2. to see if what u have done has been done by
others, else we may all just re-invent the wheel.

So exactly where does my posting of this question
to the mailing list deviate from this, Also
re-reading myposting I dont think I asked anyone
for a complete system design, just needed
confirmation that what I thought may/or may not
work, just in case someone else had had the same
problem.

I do not live/eat breath exim, I have to work on
everything else from radius authentication to web
servers to modem chassis, MS (&*^ing) exchange,
networks, and even bloody dreamweaver on a MAC, so
forgive me but i only have 24 hrs in a day, and I
cant keep up to date with everything that is new,
and built into exim, hence I have to rely on
people who live/eat and breath exim. I just
thought they could be found on this mailing list,
but obviously i am incorrect in assuming that.

I.

P.S As for my full name, well I have never
attached it to my email address, I like it like
that, and it has always been like that, and will
remain like that, and if you think that is a sign
of a novice so be it.

P.P.S The problem is not actually for a contract,
in fact its not even for a job, it is merely
something I was thinking about, and was curious as
to how people may implement this, cause I thought
I'd figured out the SMTp part, but the pop server
part was bugging me.