Re: [Exim] Hi, Newbie, NetBSD question

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Rachel Warren
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Hi, Newbie, NetBSD question
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Rachel Warren wrote:

> Did you do it on a Sparc2 though?

No. I think it was an Intel box.

> Things I've changed for exim so far:
>
> accept.c
> autoreply.c
> dbfn.c
> structs.h
>
> I'm still in the middle of hacking up accept.c - it doesn't seem to
> like supposed undeclared functions like `SPOOL_MODE',
> INPUT_DIRECTORY_MODE, HEADER_MAXHEADERS, max, etc.

No! No! No! You are going about this in the *wrong way*. Those macros
should be defined in config.h which is built by the building script from
the contents of your Local/Makefile and src/config.h.defaults.

Also, hacking code is a *bad plan*. Exim is still developing and new
releases come out regularly. You don't want to have to do this every
time.

Please send me (off list) the contents of your Local/Makefile, and the
result of trying to build Exim *from a clean distribution* and I'll see
if I can figure out why it hasn't built config.h correctly. It should do
this by building a program called buildconfig and running it. (You could
also send me the config.h that it did build.)

> Thanks, but a friend of mine figure that out and set the $OSTYPE variable.

Yup, its $OSTYPE which gets set to a zillion different things. I will
nevertheless update the basic script.