Re: [Exim] Hi, Newbie, NetBSD question

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Rachel Warren
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Hi, Newbie, NetBSD question
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Rachel Warren wrote:

> *** Sorry - operating system netbsd is not supported
> *** See OS/Makefile-* for supported systems

Hmm. I'm sure I tried it out on a NetBSD system before releasing it.

> It did make a build-netbsd-sparc though. I know there's a
> Makefile-NetBSD, which I copied in the Local dir (with the Makefile also
> in the Local dir), but that didn't seem to help either.

No, you don't need to do that copy.

Ah! The problem would appear to be that it has determined your OS type
to be "netbsd", when what it expects is "NetBSD". Run the command

scripts/os-type

and see what it outputs. If I've guessed right, edit that script and do
the same thing as was done for "openbsd" - find the line starting
"openbsd" and add a similar thing. If it works, let me know so I can
upgrade the distribution for the benefit of the next newbie...

You must be running some shell that is setting this value, I suspect. I
wish, oh, how I wish, there were a *standard* way of finding out the OS
name, and a *standard* set of names!!!!

Philip