Re: [Exim] EXIM - 3.02- Forking processes

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Paul_Yahnig
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] EXIM - 3.02- Forking processes
On Mon, 2 Aug 1999 Paul_Yahnig@??? wrote:

> Hello all. I have just switched a exim 2.05 mail gateway to a 3.02 rev. On the
> 2.05, I would not have any processes being forked, but now, I have over
> 80.......it is a very busy mail gateway, the same load as was on the 2.05......is
> there something that I have missed? It also seems that the 3.02 version is
> queuing up all of the messages before it is sending them out.......

There shouldn't be any difference at that level. The main change in 3.02
was the revision of the syntax for a number of the options. There wasn't
any change of the way it runs in terms of forking, etc. Nor any change
in the overall design. You certainly should have had some processes
being forked in 2.05 - that is the way it's always worked.

What are the Exim processes doing? Have you looked at them with exiwhat?
Anything of use on the Exim log? What exactly do you mean by "queuing up
all of the messages" - do you mean they sit around for a long time? Have
you set any of the queue_xxx options?