Re: [Exim] User /and/ domain?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Jason Ahrens
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] User /and/ domain?
On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Jason Ahrens wrote:

> If it possible to have exim validate the user as well as domain on the
> MAIL FROM: line? I see the 'sender-verify' option, but it does not seem
> to do what I need.

It will already validate the local part for local domains, because
verification consists of running the address through the directors or
routers, as appropriate. There is nothing it can normally do about
checking the local part for remote domains.

> Specifically, the system in question uses a database which contains a
> large list of users and multiple domains for which various users are
> valid. I would like to have exim reference this database (possibly
> calling an external command that returns 'true' or 'false' if need be)
> before deciding that a sender is 'valid' and accepting the message.

If the domains are local (in the Exim sense) you could probably set up a
smartuser director, with verify_only and no_more (so it is the only one
run when verifying) and a suitable check using either the local_parts or
"condition" option. If the domains are remote, you might be able to do
something similar using a domainlist router.