Re: [EXIM] rejections and envelope sender logging

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] rejections and envelope sender logging
Chris Thompson <cet1@???> probably said:
> The registered nameservers for here.com are NS.PSI.NET and NS2.PSI.NET
> (now that's already given you a nice warm feeling, hasn't it? :-]), but

Well, yes, but I thought I'd try :)

> these give SERVFAIL return codes when queried about anything in the zone,
> or referals to themselves if the no-recursion flag is set. This is
> typical of a "lame delegation", i.e. the registered nameservers don't
> actually have any knowledge of the zone. This can be variously due to
> user error, malicious delegation, or misguided "we'll create the delegation
> first and the zone later" policies.

Yep, I know.
Could well be deligate and set up later, since:
Database last updated on 6-Jul-99 08:47:29 EDT.

Didn't notice the date was so recent, earlier.

> It's quite difficult to automatically distinguish all possible reasons for
> SERVFAIL errors: if one could, then the conditions wouldn't (well, perhaps)
> have been clumped together under this return code in the first place.

What I figured :/

> Best of luck. I must say that "me@???" sounds like a spammer's address
> if ever there was one...

Or someone putting junk in their netscape identity line (there was a
nyetscape header).

I added:
dns_again_means_nonexist = "EBASE/dnsfailnonexist"

containing:
here.com

on my backup MX host to test which seems to do what I want and give 5NN
errors ...

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???