Re: [EXIM] rejections and envelope sender logging

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] rejections and envelope sender logging

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Chris Thompson <cet1@???> probably said:
> > The registered nameservers for here.com are NS.PSI.NET and NS2.PSI.NET
> > (now that's already given you a nice warm feeling, hasn't it? :-]), but
>
> Well, yes, but I thought I'd try :)
>
> > these give SERVFAIL return codes when queried about anything in the zone,
> > or referals to themselves if the no-recursion flag is set. This is
> > typical of a "lame delegation", i.e. the registered nameservers don't
> > actually have any knowledge of the zone. This can be variously due to
> > user error, malicious delegation, or misguided "we'll create the delegation
> > first and the zone later" policies.
>
> Yep, I know.
> Could well be deligate and set up later, since:
>    Database last updated on 6-Jul-99 08:47:29 EDT.

FYI, "Database last updated" will always be recent, as the database is
updated daily. You want to look for "Record updated", which for
here.com indicates:

Record last updated on 16-Apr-97.

Possibly a case of PSI.NET turned a customer off but never deleted the
domain.. In any case, it would be nice if Internic actually scanned
their files weekly, and automatically checked for auth servers, and
removed zones that failed this for X weeks in a row.