Re: [EXIM] Comments from a new-ish user.

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Hugh Sasse, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Comments from a new-ish user.

ph10@??? said:
> I suggested providing this facility when we were discussion the
> revision of the domain, host, and address list syntax for 3.00. It
> got pooh-poohed on the list ("Whoever would want to do that?") so I
> did not implement it.

Guilty, m'lud.
my feeling is that if provided this feature should be strongly
deprecated - regexp matching ip addresses tends to catch people out -
ie you need to match the . which must be escaped etc. It is easy to
build a very wrong match pattern, whereas its very easy to match IP
ranges by network/netmask pairs.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]